Thursday, August 23, 2007

Missing Friendships...(where have you gone?)

You know whats strange?

With all of the ways we have of contacting people when distance is in the way, it is so easy to lose friendships when you leave a place you call home to go to another place that you call home.
It is so sad really.
If you are not around,
No matter how much you email, or instant message, or message on myspace, or post comments on their myspace pages or write them letters, or even try to call...if you are away, sometimes, you are just not as important to talk to. they are just not usually that into responding at all as much as you were when you were there, because....well, they have other people to to talk to. they have other people to keep in touch with. they are meeting more and more people the longer you are away from them.
So when they see you have contacted them its sort of just...
"oh, well, i have to reply to this other person right now...maybe i'll just get to it later."
and then later they may think the same thing.. and so forth, and so forth... until eventually, they don't contact you at all.
It's like you aren't even there. NO MATTER HOW MUCH you try to still be a part of their life.
NO MATTER HOW MUCH you WERE a part of their life. NO MATTER HOW MUCH you would tell each other I LOVE YOU! because when you were there you were just THAT GREAT of friends.
so basically, what is it?
is it just everyone being selfish?
selfish as in,
"i need to focus on what i have here with me, not what i have away from me, so that i can focus on what i have around me to make me happy at that point in time."

wow,
this is so sad to think about.
I hate thinking about it though i can not help it.
WHY can't i help it?
because not only have i done it myself many a times,
though it has been done to me MANY many times, and is happening right now.
So, i am sorry to everyone that i have done this to.
and to those people doing this to me now... WAKE UP AND SMELL OUR FRIENDSHIP! is it real or was it just a part of the "who can make me happy tonight..?" game?

<3 Victoria Cupcakes

P.s.... I miss you

No comments: